menu

Image Map

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Patience is a Virtue

For me personally, patience is by far my biggest battle in life. Whether it has to do with wanting financial stability, ready for the next step in my life, or just waiting on grandma in line to move it... Patience is something I struggle with on a daily basis.
 
Funny thing though that I have learned {{and seem to be doing it A LOT lately}} that helps me with managing the stress that comes from lack of patience, is prayer and perspective. Prayer has gotten me through many difficult levels in my young adult life. Perspective has allowed me to see myself as if I were viewing from another person's eyes.
 
Both of these active remedies brings my little buttocks back down to earth and reminds me that I am blessed in more ways than I realize, and I take these things for granted. For example, I'm beyond blessed for:
 
  • My family and their undying love and support for me. They are the folks that know me best and can put me in my place... very quickly too!
  • My friends... I have very few best friends but they are some kind of special to me. I love and value their opinions when it comes to my stressful moments.
  • My job. I was unemployed for a very short time at the beginning of 2013, and let me tell ya, that was the most trying and emotional time I have ever been through. I will NEVER take my career for granted again. It's absolutely true, you don't realize how good something is until it's gone.
  • Hunter, my boyfriend. God bless that man's heart. I always tell him that if he can handle me, he can handle anything. He knows me like the back of his hand and loves every single part of my flaws and uniqueness... And I'm forever blessed to have met him and be a part of his life. He is the jelly to my peanut butter.
  • Finally, and most certainly last but not at all in the very least, I'm thankful for the undying love of my God. Without Him, I am nothing.

All in all, I'm pretty blessed. When I fall into a funk (which seems to be the norm lately - I'm just ready for the next step in my life!), I always remember to pray and put things into perspective.
 
I came across a homeless man the other day and he asked for money. I actually didn't have anything on me, but was walking into a restaurant and I asked him if I could buy him some food. He desperately accepted. It broke my heart and pretty much slapped my complaints right off the table. Dennis, as he introduced himself, lovingly accepted the food and unknowingly put me back in my place.
 
"Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it." Hebrews 13:2
{image provided by Southern Komfort Blog}
 
 Stay beautiful friends (and don't sweat the small things)
xoxo
Kel

2 comments: