menu

Image Map

Monday, January 27, 2014

What are your goals with this blog?

Mmk, I've given this question a lot of thought since I have been asked this question before. My goals with this blog is basically as simple as it is... I want to blog.

This here blog is basically an inside view into my little corner of the world for my friends and family to keep connected with me. I love hearing my friends or my mom tell me, "I read your blog today!" Or, "Where's your next post?" These little statements make my heart warm and happy because it means that I matter enough in their lives to be a part of it. It's good!

No, I don't plan on quitting my day job and turning this into a business venture. I don't think that's what God is wanting me to do at this point in time; if it changes, I'll eat every word I just said with a smile on my face. But seriously, I admire the ladies and gents that have been able to take off with their blogs and make them a business venture. Honestly, I do! It's just not my cup of tea. I thought I wanted to do that, but then I realized I'd rather put my business skills into something else like starting an organization to provide resources for the hungry,  or homeless, or an organization that provides a safe haven to promote growth and spiritual walks with abused women. That's more of my cup'o joe.

Granted, maybe if I happen to venture into one of those avenues of helping others then this blog can become the voice. Otherwise, I like sharing with you fine folks about my puppy eating the dry wall or the recipe of the week, or even the intimate parts of my heart.

To those who read this blog as their wake-up call in the morning, or the busy mom just getting home from work and stopping in to see what's new. To the friend I inspired to share her own thoughts in her blog. To the friend who asks me (if a post isn't up- ha!) where my post for the day is. To the friend that inspired me to blog my thoughts. To the random strangers that stumbled upon my blog through another blog, and you just keep on coming back.... Thank you for letting me share my lifesong with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment