menu

Image Map

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Summertime and the living is easy

Yes, I'm already skipping spring and looking forward to summer. I cannot wait to be back on the white, sandy beaches and soaking up the sun rays. I can picture it now, smell the salty air, and hear the waves crashing.

But then I realize one sad, sad thing... My body's as white as a ghost and not very toned up. Great...
 


For those who have never seen me before in person, I'm pretty petite and tiny. So no, I'm not trying to lose weight by any means. I'm actually in the process of trying to gain weight... But that's a whole 'notha post to talk about. {Trying to figure out why I haven't gained normal weight in almost 10 years is a bit unsettling and I am getting professional help on this}.

What I am trying to do, which in essence will hopefully help me gain weight, is to tone up. I want to have solid, rocking muscles. I want to feel good about myself. And most importantly, I don't want to look like a little Popsicle stick out there, cooking and melting on the beach. Not cute folks!

Therefore, I am starting a journey and will be sharing with ya'll my progress as I move forward. Here's what I plan on doing to help me achieve my goals:
  • Eat healthier- rather than reaching for 5 Oreo's, reach for protein and energy bars, or fruits
  • Walk/run- get me and my dogs out of the house
  • Sign up for a local 5k- I can get outdoors while supporting a good cause {winner winner chicken dinner... chicken sounds so good right now!!}
  •  Use my "Insanity" DVD's at home to save money from going to the gym (thanks to Hunter for letting me borrow those!)
So far, it's looking like a promising plan! Then again I haven't started so we'll see how promising this is in a couple of weeks- ha! I'll keep ya'll posted on my progress as I trek week to week. Wish me luck and if anybody wants to join in on this fab-summertime-living-is-easy healthy kick, put on your running shoes and come on out!

Join me next week to see my "before" image and how I've done my first week thus far!


The Grits Blog

4 comments:

  1. I was thinking about buying the Insanity DVDs- I'll be following your journey !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are definitely a butt-kicker that's for sure. I've done the journey once before... It was hard but so worth it! If you buy them, hope it works out for you as well!

      Delete
  2. I have heard the Insanity videos are great...challenging but well worth it! Good luck to you on your fitness journey.

    Thanks for linking up with Ashley and I!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! They are definitely challenging, but so worth it. I'm thinking since this is my second time around that I will lean more towards the easier DVD's and focus more on my running- ha!

      And you're very welcome! I love the link ups :)

      Delete