menu

Image Map

Monday, May 26, 2014

#GratefulHeartMondays

  


Happy Monday and happy Memorial Day! I'm currently wrapping up my amazing weekend at the beach with some awesome folks.

This Monday, and every Monday, is a blessing. It's a new day, we're fortunate enough to wake up and experience another day in God's world. Emily @ Ember Grey has helped remind me of these moments, and to take advantage of them while we can.

Today, I am thankful for Emily. I am thankful for her kind heart, sweet words, and her love for the Lord. She recently lost her grandfather and my heart just broke for her. I can relate to the pain and tears you are feeling, Emily. And as soon as I heard the news, I knew instantly who/what to dedicate this Monday's #gratefulheartmonday to. It's funny how things work like that!

While my heart broke for her and her family, at the same time, I smiled because Emily knows that she will see her grandfather again someday. I can only imagine what he is feeling now, being in the presence of Jesus. Holy cow that makes my heart explode with excitement and happiness!!

Emily, thank you for reminding us to slow down in this fast-paced world and to appreciate every day, even if it's a yucky ole Monday.

Emily, thank you for your smiles and funny stories. I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog every. single. day because you're just an awesome woman.

And Emily, thank you for loving the Lord. We need more folks like you in this world.

What are you grateful for today, and everyday?

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post!! I am thankful for both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly!!!! Oh my gosh, lady! Tears!! Well for one, you have made my day. Secondly, thank you for all of your kind words and for your prayers for my family & Grandpa last week... I can't tell you what that meant to me! I am SO thankful to have met you through blogland and am keeping my fingers crossed that one day we can have a girls weekend! :) Love you, gal. XOXO

    ReplyDelete