menu

Image Map

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Seasons come and seasons go

Seasons are common occurrences - seasons of weather; seasons of life; seasons of the heart. I've always thought that it's how we do in those seasons that define who we are as people. I would be lying if I said I've never gone through hot, hot, hot phases of faith, and then lukewarm season of faith.
 
It happens to the best of us.
 
Surprisingly, and wonderfully so, my season of hot, hot, hot faith is here and proud. It's times like these that I use my energy and efforts to bring glory to God in all ways. It's times like these that I use as reminders to help me through my lukewarm months.
 
I was listening to a radio podcast (for lack of a better word) and they typically focus on missions in the hour that I listen to it on the way to work. Today, their guest on air said something that really resonated with me:
 
 
 Wow. Just wow. He went on further to say that, unfortunately, there are Christians that have become complacent in their faith and see the whole being "sent" thing as a burden. A BURDEN. It just broke my heart because it's true. It also reminded me that when I enter those lukewarm moments of faith, I need to earnestly remind myself what my purpose here is and rely on the Spirit to pull me out of that slump, and quickly. As Christ followers, we cannot allow ourselves to fall into a slump, become complacent, and forget our reasons for being here.

So whatever season you're faith is in right now, please know that I'm earnestly praying for you and that your faith in Life resurfaces with a force like none other. As I said earlier, it does happen to the best of us and will happen, but let's not allow it to take root in our lives. Why? Because we don't have a choice as Christ followers - we've been sent.

Image Map

3 comments:

  1. This is good. I love this reminder that Jesus has 'sent' all of us! Such truth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! So awesome to see you in such a "hot" season! We always should be right?! Though I know we aren't always. But we are ALWAYS "sent"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that quote, Kelly. Thanks for sharing - I've written it in my journal of quotes :)

    ReplyDelete