menu

Image Map

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Q & A Time

So a couple of weeks ago, I shared with all you lovely folks (mostly gals, except for my ever-faithful-of-a-fan husband) that Hunter has decided to accept God's calling for his life to go into the world of ministry as a career. I'm, of course, tickled to death and at the same time realizing that I probably need to work on my too-honest attitude... Ha! Who am I kidding.
 
Anyways, after making that exciting announcement, I thought how nice it would be to have a little Q&A with the hubs because le duh, who doesn't want to know more about somebody else's life #bloggerprobs. Without further ado, let's welcome Hunter!

During a game at camp this past summer
 
Me: Thanks for stopping by today babe! Welcome to my humble abode of the interwebs. I know you're a huge fan.
Hunter: Well thanks for having me!
 
Me: Let's hop to it. So you've decided to go into ministry as a career. What does that look like for you right now?
Hunter: Ministry, right now in my life, looks like loving on people wherever I'm at. And sharing the love of the Lord in where He has placed me.
 
Me: Are you excited? Nervous? Be honest, it is the internet after all....
Hunter: Both because of the unknown.
 
Me: You're no stranger to judgment when it comes to changing your life for the better. What can you say to those who have changed their lives to follow Jesus, and are being judged by family/friends/etc.?
Hunter: Jesus tells those that want to follow Him that the world hated Him first. So because they hated Him first, they will hate you too. Jesus warns us from the very get-go to count the costs that it takes when you decide to take your cross up daily. Casual Christianity (just going to church to warm that pew on Sunday and Wednesday's, be a part of something to get that checkmark, etc.) needs to stop now.
 
Me: In your mind, what does it take to be a great leader in the world of ministry?
Hunter: To put others first, yourself last. You need to understand, biblically, what it means to serve others and to follow the Lord's example. Let me put it this way, if Jesus could wash the nasty feet of His disciples, you can serve others. If He took the wrath of our sin, you can serve others.
 
Me: You've been a youth pastor for some time now. What is something that you've realized or learned about being in the presence of teenagers?
Hunter: Teenagers are people too. They have real problems just like adults and they need someone to talk to, or listen to. Be real with them and they will be real with you.
 
Me: Lastly, anything you want to share with all my readers? (Except don't share with them how I wake up every morning in a state of total confusion and I "look like a baby fawn opening its eyes up for the first time" - his words - because ain't nobody got time for that)
Hunter: Thank you to everybody for the support! Peace out.
 
There ya have it folks! The mysterious pastor husband of mine. What can I say, there's really not much he can't do that just doesn't make me melt.

Image Map

3 comments:

  1. How fun! :) I love getting to know the guys behind all my blogger friends ;) Best of luck to your guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great questions!! So much fun to get to know the guy behind the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Hunter - sounds like you're definitely well cut out for your calling! :)

    ReplyDelete