menu

Image Map

Monday, August 29, 2016

Be {STILL} and know

We spent a good portion of this past weekend doing some woodworking and repurposing. Ya'll, I didn't realize how much using tools and painting and hammering nails and goodness, just how much it would bring peace to my soul. I'm always moving about 90 miles a minute so when something can slow me down (in a good way), it's worth investing more time into.
 

One of the pieces I worked on {she's for sale} was a simple wooden sign done free-hand. I intentionally kept it simple because I feel that sometimes, we tend to over-simplify every little thing. So with the idea that I wanted this piece to be simple, raw, real, and wrote the phrase on it:
 
"Be still and know."
 
That phrase resonates so deeply within my soul at this juncture in life. Hunter and I are going through a period where we know change is inevitable and on the horizons. I like to know how everything is going to play out and when it will play out and the details. I'm exhausting, I know. But I'm learning how to be still. To know that God has us in the palm of His hand and nothing can separate us from Him.
 
So friends, if you're in the midst of a transitional period, or a period of time where you just feel like you need something to change {that's currently where we are}, know that God is with you. He will carry you through this and He's orchestrating so many things in our lives that sometimes we can't even see happening.
 
Be still. And know.

Image Map

3 comments:

  1. That sign is lovely and I love the sentiment behind it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite verses, and you did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete