menu

Image Map

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

When the {UNEXPECTED} comes knocking

Monday morning was just like any other typical Monday morning for me - running slightly late to make it into work on time, fumble around for my badge to enter into the gate, try to manage carrying multiple items in without dropping them. And then my phone went off with a text from my mom with news that truly rocked me to my very core.
 
A family friend of ours had been killed in a tragic, unexpected accident.
 
It's the kind of news that kicks you in your low gut, causing you to drop everything and gasp in shock. It's the kind of news that you mull over throughout the day and your inner mind wars with itself on the insane thought that he's actually still alive (this is all one bad joke, right?!). It's the kind of news that makes you desperate to hold your loved one as close to you as possible.
 
Brad was a father, husband, brother, friend, son, firefighter, and so much more. He was the neighbor to my parents; his son grew up with my sister; I babysat their boys in between the parents' shifts; they are real people. Real people who's lives were turned completely upside down and inside out Sunday evening. I've tried to wrap my head around it all and quite frankly, I'm too numb to process it.

 
Please take some time today to say the words I love you to your loved ones and hold them tight. Tell them how much they mean to you, how much you appreciate them. We're never guaranteed tomorrow and can only live for today. Embrace today as if it were your last to live and soak in each moment as it comes.

There is a Go Fund me page to help the family. If you are able to give financially or prayerfully, it would be much appreciated. Pray for God to surround this family right now with peace and love, as well as the community, as we are all reeling from this devastating loss.

Image Map

5 comments:

  1. I feel like my life has been a constant reel of tragedy the last few weeks. It's reminding me to be very grateful this holiday season. My prayers are with you and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your family & friends to have to process this grief in the midst of being surrounded by all the festive cheer - I'm sure that dichotomy is difficult to process. My sister's fiance lost his grandpa this past weekend, so they're walking through a similar difficult season. I pray that each of you are comforted as you come together in these unfortunate circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss. It is always so hard to cope with losing loved one but this time is always so hard. I will send a prayer for you and Brad's family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kenj. It definitely was a much needed wake-up call for many to appreciate each day we're given.

      Delete
  4. Kelly I am so sorry for your and your family's loss �� Praying for peace and healing for all touched by this loss.

    ReplyDelete