menu

Image Map

Monday, February 17, 2014

2014, you are my year sister!

Driving to work one morning, thinking out loud {don't act like you've never done it before}, I was brainstorming the ways to keep more money in my pockets rather than seeing it fly away so effortlessly. And how to pay down my debts faster.

Then it hit me. 2014 is going to be my year of knocking out debt like nobody's business.

Let me paint an honest picture for you of the things I owe on:

Car
Credit card (just 1, thank you Lord)
Student loans (yes, there's more than 1)
House (I'm not really counting this into the equation right now)

Looking at these debts, I decided to tackle them one by one. First one being my car. I am so so close to having this baby paid off and officially mine so that will be the first big boy I knock out. From there, I will work on my credit card, and after that, the student loans.

My goal for 2014 is to have my car completely (or almost completely) paid off by the end of this year. It may be tough, but it is doable. I also want to knock a very good portion of my credit card debt down this year, so that I can have it paid off my the middle of 2015. My student loans will be next... Watch out boys!

I read a piece of advice the other day that stated simply "Don't set lofty, long-term goals that cannot be achieved right away. Focus on the here and now." That struck a chord deep with me and I just HAD to set myself some endpoints in the near future.

I'm quite proud of my endeavors to achieve my goals. If you are fighting some debt giants, join me on this quest of focusing on the here and now goals, and achieving what you've been trying to do for so long. I am very excited about this journey, and will surely share with you as I trek on.

To wrap this blurb up, I want to leave you with this piece of advice:

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
-1 Corinthians 10:13
 
Always know that you are NEVER given more than you can handle and God works His wonders with the best intentions at heart.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment