menu

Image Map

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Be My Valentine

Valentine's Day has never been a big deal for me, single or taken. I just don't find the charm or fun in being treated extra special one day of the year... I think you should be treated like the queen/king you are all year round! That being said, I do still think it is fun to wear lots of pink and red!

My Valentine is a man I adore so much. He makes me smile, encourages me to laugh at the silly things, and challenges me to be a godly woman. Hunter is my Valentine.

I got to thinking about Valentine's Day and what it means to be a Valentine to someone, or to have a Valentine. And I couldn't help but remember an even bigger Valentine in all our lives that we should always think about... Jesus. He was and is and always will be the ultimate Valentine, is He not? Let's think of the ways why He should always be our Valentine:
  • He came to us to walk with us, talk with us, and grow with us
  • His love for us is and was and always will be unending, even though we don't deserve a second glance
  • He paid the ultimate price for our sins by sacrificing himself - He was the perfect sacrifice
  • Regardless of where you've been, what you've done, HE STILL LOVES YOU!
Holy cow. Have you ever seen a love like that?! I know Hunter loves me dearly, but his love doesn't compare and never will compare to the love Jesus has for me. What an awesome Valentine!!

So during this bright, festive, loving month, remember the one who loved you first. The one who will always love you. Forever and ever more.




Check in tomorrow! We'll have our usual HFFF's and the follow-up to my herb project! 
 
 







    The Grits Blog (Follow here!)                        Southern Komfort Blog (Follow Here!)







Rules are there are no rules! 





Please link-up to whatever you like! 





All that we ask is, if you wish, please follow us via the links above and that you link back to this blog - so that other's can join in and mingle! 





Happy Little Friday Everyone!









The Grits Blog






No comments:

Post a Comment