menu

Image Map

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Button craft

So I was feeling mighty spunky with these random buttons I have. I mean, what the heck are you going to do with all these buttons?!



I decided to peruse the famous Pinterest to see if they could offer any fun, DIY projects. Behold, this lovely piece:



I had to try something similar to it. So I collected all my little buttons {ha! It's kind of cute when you say that!}, and an empty frame, and my ever-trusty Elmers glue.

Here we go...
  • Choose bright, fun, festive colored paper and size accordingly to the frame. I chose blue since it goes well with the theme of the room. 

  • Draw an outline of what you would like to say, or the shape (I did a heart)
**See above image
  • Using the glue, dot the outline of your shape.  


  • Fill your outline or shape with your lovely buttons. Then start filling the inside of your shape.



  • Once you have stuck all your buttons, allow it to dry, and insert into frame

  • Find a cute place to hang/set this treasure on
Easy as pie! And super cute! This button beauty has made it's debut in one of the rooms in my home- you'll just have to check back each week as we tour through my home to see where it ended up.

Fun fact: Many of these buttons belonged to my great-grandmother. I was honored to be able to use these as a decor in my home.

Stay crafty, friends!

The Grits Blog

6 comments:

  1. That is so cute!! Are you going to frame it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes ma'am, I just need to pick which one of my frames I like it in the most lol!

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely adorable! Such a great idea- definitely trying this out some time! :)
    Thanks for linking up with us at the Little Friday Linkup!

    xo, Hima
    Hima Hearts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hima! Anytime and thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. What great idea...so sweet! I just may have to try that! Found you through the linkup!

    Anne
    www.lovethehereandnow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne, thank you! And thank you for visiting my blog :)

      Delete