menu

Image Map

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Letters to Hunter

This letter is part of a link-up with the beautiful Mrs. Amber. These letters are snippets into our lives and treasures that I can hold onto dearly as we grow old.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Dear Hunter,

Lately it feels like each day slips by like sand beneath the waves. We run from home to work, to home, to cook, to clean, now to school and homework, to youth and church, to doing life. It's a non-stop go-go-go pace that some days I embrace and can't get enough of; other days I question the purpose of the never-ending chaos of life.

One thing we've learned in all the madness is to make time for us. Time to allow us just to be the 2 of us, to slow down and soak each other's presence in. It's those glorious moments that I love just being with you and watching God work through you, and in you, and beside you. Those brief moments in our crazy days remind me why I thank God every day for your friendship, love, and trust.

After 4 years of being together and almost 1 year of marriage, I've only just begun to scratch the surface at one thing: discovering the ways you look at me. You look at me with pride because I'm yours; you look at me with humor because I tend to make you laugh quite a bit; you look at me with fondness because I know your heart's secrets, and you can trust that I will protect them with my very life; and you look at me with an unwavering, profound love that makes me feel all the giddy feels.

Thank you, God, for blessing me with a man that looks at me the way he does. I'm a better woman because of you, Hunter.

Always yours,

Kelly


Image Map

2 comments:

  1. wow - how sweet is this! I love that y'all have made time for each other. Just precious xoxo

    ReplyDelete