menu

Image Map

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Letters to Hunter

These letters are snippets into our lives and treasures that I can hold onto dearly as we grow old.
 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hunter,
 
My my, it's been a whirlwind of 2016 already! It's hard to believe that February will be here soon. With February, it brings Valentine's Day, the halfway mark for my busy season of work, the start of your busy season of work (shoot, it's been busy since day one), and another month of life together.
 
We realized the other day that we're coming up on 5 years together. The longest relationship for both of us, and yet, the absolute best relationship. I love how we consider to be each of the other's best friend. I thrive on our comfortable, easy-going, let-your-hair-down relationship that we have. Knowing that I can trust you with the darkest parts of my heart is liberating.
 
Thank you for lovingly leading us through this time. It hasn't been easy because we have both somehow individually and together fallen off the grid with God. We have somehow allowed life to step in, make it's nest in every nook and cranny. We've realized that these lofty nests of this life aren't welcome anymore; thus, we've begun spring cleaning a little early.
 
I thank God daily for you. For your heart and passion to love Him so deeply. Because of your love for Him, it makes experiencing the dirtiness of life just a bit brighter. It makes coming out of our dusty nooks and crannies that much easier to seek His face and glory. I love that we are repairing our spiritual walks with Him separately, yet together, like the team we are.
 
We are one hell of a team.
 
Always your partner-in-crime,
 
K

Image Map

2 comments: