menu

Image Map

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A time for everything

My goodness, it feels good to be back to life and reality. I'm one of those people that craves routine - I love the mundaneness of waking up each day for work; I love my job; I yearn for busyness.
 
So when I had to step away from it all middle of last week, it was necessary and so worth it. My family lost my sweet grandmother. God took her quietly in the night, as my aunts sang Amazing Grace to her and read bible verses. We were able to spend time with her, recount memories, say our goodbyes.
 
 
There was one point during the visitation that I stepped out to use the restroom. As I was coming back in, I was in such awe of the amount of noise and laughter and love that filled the room. As she laid in her casket looking so pretty in pink, her family and friends stood around her swapping stories all about her life.

I thank God daily for sending His son Jesus to die for us on that rugged cross. Because of His love and mercy, I will be seeing my sweet grandma again. I fully believe that in her last few hours with us, God sent angels to be with her, to guide her through the process. I also wholeheartedly believe my grandfather welcomed her with the biggest smile and said, "Damn doodle, what took you so long? Welcome Home!"



Image Map

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss - but what beautiful memories for you to hold on to until you are reunited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Damn doodle, what took you so long? Welcome Home!" <-THIS. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you, Kel, and bless your sweet Grandma. Prayers for your family as you remember and celebrate such a special person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to read this Kelly, although you seem to be holding up well. I'm sorry for your loss and hope things feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete