menu

Image Map

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Mountain {TIME}

What a whirlwind the last few days have been! Hunter and I just returned from Ridgecrest, NC with so many new memories, revitalized spirits, and deeper friendships. God is good! We, along with several other adults, took 60ish teenagers up into the beautiful mountains of North Carolina and ya'll, it was glorious! I was sitting on my back porch yesterday, just taking a break from getting the house back in order from being gone, and I became nostalgic of the time we spent there.
 
It's so easy to find your groove again when you're able to unplug and step away from life. We could all use a bit more unplugging.
 
This was the view from our dorm room. And this was also the only picture I took all week. I'm not kidding when I say I "unplugged"
 
I will share on a couple of things later in the week that really struck a chord with me and have since settled deep into my heart. But for now, I will say this:
 
I didn't realize I had become so numb and indifferent to God.
 
Yea, so that was kind of a painful process to own up to and work through. I may or may not have cried. But nevertheless, He and I are finding our routine again. I'm trying to figure out how to not become numb to HIM, but still keep the every day struggles and pains from overtaking my mind. It's a see-saw battle of trying to keep my defenses in tact, all the while, allowing Him to be near me. I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm getting better each day.
 
For so many months now, I have been wishing away 2017. I was ready for 2018 and to get past all that 2017 had left in its wake. But I've since decided to embrace all that this year has thrown at us because here's the thing:  My pain/frustrations/situations are all being used for God's glory. No matter what may be going on, He is with me through it all. Even in the suckiest parts of suck.
 
That's who my God is.

Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment