menu

Image Map

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I'm right where I belong

For quite awhile, I have been praying for God to lead me where he wants me to be in life. Whether it was to travel back to the beautiful country of Honduras, volunteer locally, or take me to the other side of this great nation... I am willing to follow.

I can be so patient impatient when it comes to wanting to know about the future, and what it will hold.

As many of you know, I volunteer/help out/LOVE spending Wednesday nights with our middle school and high school kids. When I tell people this, they tend to give me this look of pity. When I tell them how much I love hanging out with these awkward teens, I get a look of pure insanity. But I don't think you understand... I love these kids! I love seeing what God has in store for them, and where He's going to take them in life, and how I can hopefully help alter their course of life from going down the "normal" path of destruction and show them the "abnormal" path of life through God. It's. Just. Cool.

Hanging with these goofy kids has been fulfilling {and will continue to be as long as they let me stay around... Ha!}, but I have been yearning for more. My heart and soul are thirsty and starved for another task to do. So I've been praying, and thinking, and praying, and wanting... and something fell into my lap last week. I'll get to that in a minute...

Many of you know (either through my blogging or just knowing me personally) that I traveled to Honduras last summer for mission work and fell in love with the people and the country. I will always say, "I left part of my heart in the mountains of that country." I am forever changed by that experience. Funny thing though, because God's a funny kind of thing, I haven't had the burning fierce desire to return to Honduras this summer. Not because I don't want to go back {I'd absolutely love to if all the cards played out right}, but because I have had a gnawing idea that I need to do more locally. I'm talking like a craving that has consumed my every waking thought. Call me funny, but I'm thinking that's God talking...

So back to the "something that fell into my lap last week" deal. My sweet friend Kate (whom I have known for many years) is always involved with different charity/fundraising events. The woman is a force to be reckoned with folks. Last week, she sent me a link to a charity event with our local women's club. I immediately looked further into the local women's club mission and who they are... I don't know... I just couldn't stop my fingers from clicking further into their website. Not going to lie, I was hooked immediately. I want to join the local women's club. They partake in many community projects and charity events and I honestly thought, what better way to connect with people and share the love of Jesus. Granted, I'm not sure if they are faith based, however, that doesn't mean I can't show and share with the people I come in contact with who God is. I'm not talking fire and brimstone {no offense to those who do do that... It's just not my thing}. I'm talking building relationships and friendships that will hopefully last a lifetime. In my young years I have learned that you can share the love of Jesus if you love as He did, and not beat people with the Bible... Just saying. Judge me for my opinions if you want.

After researching and making my decision, I asked Kate if she would like to join the club with me. I'm so excited about this opportunity because I truly feel like it was a window opened by God to my prayers. I will continue to pray for more doors and windows to open in my life to be able to share God's love. If the cards fall in place and I can return to Honduras this summer, I will fully jump on that plane. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. God has bigger plans than I'll ever know of.

Moral of the story folks, always keep your eyes on Him and never lose faith. You never know what path He may lead you down, but whatever that path may be, know that it is for a reason. Your existence is for a reason.

Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment