menu

Image Map

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Liebster

My sweet friend, Ashley from The Grits Blog, nominated me for this lovely award. I'm honored!

The Liebster is an award given by fellow bloggers to new bloggers with a smaller following but a showing for potential growth. The rules are as follows:

(1) Link back to the blogger that nominated you
(2) Answer the 11 questions requested by the nominator
(3) Choose 11 nominees with small followings - variations range from as small as 200 or 2000 {Note: I don't know 11 people with new blogs, sorry folks}
(4) You cannot nominate the person who nominated you
(5) You must let the bloggers know they were nominated

The Questions (posed by Ashley):
1. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Let's dream for a moment, shall we? In 5 years I will be 30 years old {oh my gosh!!!}. At the ripe age of 30, I would like to be married with a mini me running around. I would also like to have roots established. Where? I'm not sure, but that's all part of the excitement!

2. What's your favorite makeup brand? Which product in particular?

Cover girl or Clinique for foundation and powder... It's the only brand that doesn't make my skin break out. Other beauty products, I don't really have a favorite. I'm not very particular about the brands of things. If it gets the job done, it gets it done.

3. Do you prefer coffee or tea?

Mmm that's a tough question. Both, ha! I love coffee and I love sweet tea. None of that froo-froo stuff folks for the tea; we're in the south. Coffee literally is my drug in the morning. Without it, I'm pretty pathetic.

4. What is your favorite time of the day? Why?

Mid-afternoon. Not sure why, but it is.


5. Do you enjoy partaking in frozen yogurt (or fro yo as I call it)? If so, what's your favorite flavor and topping combination?

Yes!! Many people don't like it, but I love taro. Possibly with coconut flavored froyo mixed in too. With fruit on top. Yum num bum!

6. If you could travel to any place in the world, right now, where would you go?

Honduras. I miss my babies so much right now. I could easily leave now with the clothes on my back and be happy. I love that country and the people I came in contact with. To be even more specific, once I arrived in Honduras I would travel to La Soledad and visit the school. After I stopped by the school to visit with the 45 children that attend school, I would trek my way around the mountains, visiting each family and spending time with them. Part of my heart will always be in those mountains. Finally, I would visit the small church in the mountains that doesn't have running electricity and the praise worship band is a young man playing an acoustic guitar, singing the love songs of God in his native tongue. Talk about a religious movement my friends!

7. Which would you choose great hair or perfect makeup?

Perfect makeup- you can always hide that messy hair with a hat or pulled back.

8. If you had to decide between music or literature which would you pick?

Hmmm both speak volumes to my heart but I would have to say literature. I'm an avid reader and can become so completely lost in the plot of a novel.

9. If you were stranded on a deserted island and could only take one hair product, what would you take?

A brush. I cannot stand knotty hair y'all. Nothing else would be needed... All natural babes.

10. What's your favorite guilty pleasure TV show?

Duck Dynasty. Yes, people like them really do exist. My family resembles the Robertson family so closely, it's scary.

11. Who is your favorite author?

Surprisingly, being an avid reader, I don't have a favorite author per se. I like many authors based on their writing styles.

My nomination:

Because I'm new to this blogging world, I haven't made many blogger friends that are newbies. Many of you are established already. However, I instantly thought of one person that I want to show love to. Kate with Peace and Love and Everything in Between. She's one of my dearest friends that I have known for many years and I think the world of her. Love, love, love her. Therefore, my friend, I have nominated you and your new blog for this award!

My Questions for Kate:

1. What was your first impression of me when we met?
2. What is your favorite pastime?
3. What are your plans for the next 5 years?
4. What is one thing you must always have in your purse when you leave the house (excluding keys or phone)?
5. Describe a typical day for you.
6. What is your favorite dessert? (You know I couldn't not ask a question about food!)
7. What is one of your funniest memories you have?
8. Looking back, what is a piece of advice your 25 year old self would tell your 18 year old self about life?
9. What would you want people to always remember you for? In other words, what do you want to be your legacy?
10. What do you like to watch on t.v.?
11. Where is a place on your bucket list that you would like to go to?




The Liebster

2 comments: