menu

Image Map

Saturday, March 15, 2014

I made this up... It's a new thing...

The other night for dinner, I was trying to think of a side to a soy sauce chicken I make (that'll be next week's recipe- easy peezy lemon squeazy I tell ya!). Have you ever opened your mouth to talk, and your mother came out?
 
I'm having that problem all the time. Love you mommy (if you're reading this-ha)!
 
My mother always cooked our dinners. Every night, we sat down as a family, at a table, and ate as a family. It didn't matter who was there... You were family for the night. My mother also always said that you have to have at least one fruit or veggie on your plate. No if's, and's, or but's. Woman meant business.
 
So I've carried that philosophy with me into my kitchen.
 
Back to the story... I was looking for a side dish. And I decided to get crafty. I grabbed a bag of frozen (yes frozen-OMG it's a sin!) stew vegetables. Tossed the entire bag into a skillet with some water to prevent the boogers from sticking to the pan. I let those cook for about 5 minutes (basically to knock the "freeze" off of them) and then added a can of tomato sauce.
 
Once the tomato sauce had been added, I cooked it on low-medium heat for about 20 minutes or so. It was delish!! I'm sure this dish is already out there, but it was new to me. And that's all that matters.
 
**Note: The tomato sauce does thicken up a little and makes it somewhat creamy. So make sure you have a big enough skillet or pan.
 
I'm a horrible blogger... I didn't take a picture because honestly we ate it in one quick motion. Ooopsies.... But take my word for it... Yum!

Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment