menu

Image Map

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Momma's Cookies

Ya'll, I love my mom's cookies. Granted, her recipe is probably similar to many... But it's my mom's! I can either eat this recipe as cookie dough or as a baked cookie - both are delicious to me!




1 cup of butta' (butter)
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of regular sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl with the exception of the flour and chocolate chips. Once the other ingredients have been mixed thoroughly, slowly add the flour in, mixing all the while.
 
Once that's done, turn off your mixer and add the bag of chocolate chips in. Fold them into the batter rather than mixing in.
 
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
 
Pour a large glass of milk. Eat cookies straight from the pan. Bad to the bone...
 
If you want to be really bad to the bone like me, eat just the cookie dough and forget about the baking! No, raw cookie dough will not kill you. True story... When my mother was in college at Auburn University (War Eagle!), my grandmother would ship raw, homemade cookie dough to her from Virginia. Never once made my mother sick, so there ya go health nuts!
 
Enjoy friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment