menu

Image Map

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Sunshine Award

Anne over at Love the Here and Now has been a blessing in my life. She's a wonderful woman, with a kind heart, and a love for people! She has been so kind to bestow this award on me... When I am so not deserving! Thank you for thinking of me!   

  Image MapThe rules are simple

- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive the award.
- Write 11 questions for those bloggers to answer.
- Notify the 11 bloggers that they have been nominated. 

11 Random Facts:
  • I hardly walk barefoot in the house but I have no problems being barefoot outside.
  • I'm very much like a lizard - I LOVE being in the sunshine.
  • I'm 3.5 years older than my fiance, Hunter. Cougar, baby!
  • Black cars/SUV's/trucks are my favorite. Something about them being black is so sleek to me.
  • I prefer to be outdoors - at the beach, by the pool, on a front porch, in a deer stand... Kind of going back with the second bullet point.
  • My degree is in marketing and I work in the political world - whodathunk??
  • Furthermore, I love my job!
  • If you haven't gathered it already... I love to fish and hunt. And Hunter loves that I like to fish and hunt.
  • Mine and Hunter's first date was to the movies. He tried to hold my hand, I wouldn't let him. God is my witness, I truly thought the boy had a girlfriend because he was just so dang nice, I thought he honestly couldn't be single. I was so so wrong.
  • I'm an alpha female and super protective of people I love and care about. So if you mess with one of them, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll make it known that I'm not happy. Many of my prayers involve the following statement: "Lord I pray for a quiet tongue, a quiet heart, and a quiet mind."
  • I love Jesus :) 
 
Anne's questions for me:
  1. What does your ideal day look like?
    • Either relaxing by some body of water with a drink in my hand, or sitting in a tree stand with Hunter. Either way, if I'm outdoors doing something then I'm a happy girl.
  2. What is your favorite flavor ice cream?
    • Ya'll, chocolate ice cream with marshmallows and chocolate chips in it. Or just simple mint chocolate chip. Chocolate is the key word here!
  3. How did you come up with your blog name? If you've posted about this already share the link!
    • Well, being from the south, I'm very proud of my southern roots and thrive on being a southern belle. I chose to make it "Komfort" with a "K" because a) there's an alcoholic beverage out there called Southern Comfort... No need to confuse me with the liquor; and b) My name starts with K, Komfort starts with K, get it? Eh eh? Either way, it works for me!
  4. Favorite childhood memory?
    • The multitudes of adventures that my siblings and I shared. I'm one of 4, so we always found something to do, or to get into.
  5. What is the best job you have had?
    • This is so cliche, but the job I have now is honestly the best one I have had. I absolutely love my boss and the ladies I work with (we're like family). The work atmosphere is wonderful, and I honestly learn something new all the time here. It's a very interesting job with many perks!
  6. What is the worst job you have had?
    • I truly don't want to call out any names or business names but I can say this... It was awful. Surprisingly, I found out that Ashley also worked for this woman some years after I did and she can attest... It's awful. Just the lack of respect and professionalism was gagging.
  7. Favorite season and why?
    • Summer - I'm a Florida native so duh!
  8. What is the best book you have read in the past year?
    • The Shack - it was phenomenal! You can also check out my list of Top 10 books that I have read recently to see if anything looks interesting to ya'll.
  9. What is your favorite app that you can not live without?
    • Instagram. Need. More. Pitchas!!!
  10. Did you ever learn another language? If so, which one(s)?
    • I learned 4 years of Spanish and loved it! I had every intention to minor in Spanish in college, but funds and patience had left the building. I can honestly say though, in the 1 week of being in Honduras for mission work, I learned more in that 1 week than I ever learned in the 4 years in school. It's just so different once you get there and you learn to speak their lingo.
  11. You have the day to yourself. What is the first thing you choose to do? 
    • Sit by the pool and relax. So serious right now. Oh, and get a Starbucks coffee while having my biscuits (feet - I'm southern, that's what I call them) done.

My following nominations are:
My questions for you ladies:
  1. How long have you been blogging and do you see yourself blogging for another year?
  2. Describe a typical day in your life. Not really a question but curiosity struck!
  3. What's your favorite type of food and why?
  4. Can you whistle? I can't, that's why I ask - ha!
  5. Do you like to read? If so, what's your favorite genre?
  6. I absolutely love your blog and friendship! This was a freebie :)
  7. If you could travel anywhere in the world, expenses all paid for, where would you go?
  8. Who was your first celebrity crush?
  9. If we were having coffee, what would be your drink of choice? (It doesn't have to be coffee)
  10. If you could switch shoes with anybody in the world for a day, who would it be and why?
  11. How much do you love me? Just kidding!! That was a vain question. What's your favorite accessory?

Thank you, to all of ya'll, for inspiring me to be a better blogger and person!


2 comments:

  1. Awe yay, Thanks so much for sharing this award with me. I can't wait to answer your questions. I loved reading you answers and I now want a bowl of chocolate ice-cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for nominating me!! This means a lot! I can't wait to answer your questions! :-)

    ReplyDelete