menu

Image Map

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

It's in those moments...

It's so easy for us to become consumed by the negative things in this world. I mean just look around: family and friends are sick and dying, wars are raging, inequality causes unrest, bills are piling higher and higher and you feel like you're drowning. It's a never-ending vicious cycle with bleak endings nowhere in sight.
 
And then you have have those moments. It's those moments that remind you that God is in fact still present. Amidst all the bad, there is still beauty and hope in a dark world. I like to call these moments "God moments." Here, let me give you some examples of my personal God moments...
 
Last Friday, I was in the last 30 minute stretch at work. Watching that clock and all my focus was on the weekend ahead of me. I just couldn't wait to get out! A girl I work with comes around daily to do the trash and housekeeping. Her and I have always just talked about the usual: weather, work, weekend plans. Nothing too deep here right?
 
Sometimes her young daughters come with her to help and I always love talking Frozen, dresses, and all thing girly with them. The oldest of the 2 informed me she was having her practice this weekend for her talent show at her church. I asked her mom what church they go to and it was as if time stopped. We were able to sit and talk and cry about our spiritual walks with Jesus. I was able to share with her mine and Hunter's ministry plans; she shared with me how Christ saved her life from addiction.
 
That was a God moment.
 
Need another example? Just yesterday I was at work and on the phone with Hunter talking about consolidating our bank accounts and trying to get that whole mess straightened out. As I'm talking to him, I'm just pulling up my different student loan accounts to see what the minimum payments will be so that I can be prepared to pay them once I get my paycheck.
 
As I'm pulling up my largest student loan information ($24k just fyi), I noticed that a large payment was made on my account after I had already paid the minimum payment on it for this month. I'm literally staring and gawking at the $2500 payment that was made. I immediately told Hunter and he was just as speechless.
 
I called the student loan company, sure that it was all a mistake. The representative assured me over and over again that it was not a mistake, and a payment had been made on the account. After further mulling it over, I realized how and why it was paid. Either way,
 
that was a God moment.
 
I have tons and tons of God moments that I could share. I could literally write a book that would never end. If you're reading this and you're thinking, "Well I certainly haven't had a God moment lately." Really? You waking up this morning is a God moment. You're not guaranteed each day, people. Some of you may be saying, "Well I haven't had a God moment because I can't get that job I want, have a baby, pay off my bills, etc."
 
First and foremost, know that we all are fighting our own battles. So I do not discredit your struggles in any way shape or form. But have you thought that maybe you haven't had this God moment yet because God is wanting you to learn patience? Have you ever thought that maybe He actually does know what He's doing and will provide accordingly in due time? And have you ever considered the fact that maybe you haven't fully given it all over to Him?
 
Trust me, I know the feelings #struggleisreal. I used to be the most impatient person out there. I couldn't stand that all my friends were graduating college before me, getting married when I had ended an engagement, or having babies when I had just started my relationship with my soon-to-be husband. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. But can I just say this? Once I fully, and I mean fully (not saying oh I trust Him but in the back of my mind I'm still dwelling on it) gave it all over to God, it was amazing!!! Did everything I ever wanted happen right then and there? Nope, but I sure as hell wasn't worried about it anymore.
 
Stop trying to force those God moments and just let it be. Because if/when those moments do come, ohhhh man. It's a beautiful beautiful thing my friend.
 




Image Map

5 comments:

  1. This post is beautiful! I am spiritual but not really practicing any religion, but there are moments that I can just feel something bigger than myself, and in those moments I am so thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful. this just encouraged me to take a minute to sit and think about my God moments (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I LOVE this post! This is so good! Love God moments - I always refer to them as my 'blue sock' moments!!! He sure is in ALL the details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. What a great reminder, and at a perfect time for me. That's another God moment - you writing this post for me to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES. Moments with God are often and everywhere, if only we'd seek Him so that He can show us all the ways He loves us and is there for us. (PS- I *always* tear up when I hear/read John 13:7... can you imagine that day?? :) Praise Him!)

    ReplyDelete