menu

Image Map

Monday, May 18, 2015

It's in these moments...

Happiest of Monday's to ya! How was your weekend? Our weekend pretty much revolved around our youth and it was so fun. Between fundraising events, girls night with my youth girls, and taking time to recognize our graduating seniors during church, it's safe to say we had a teen-filled weekend.


 

I'm so grateful for the opportunities that God has placed in our lives. The doors He's opened, the windows He has cracked, little things and big things to get us where we are today. I couldn't help but reflect on the last 1.5 years in our ministry. It's funny how God works isn't it?

I posted the above picture yesterday to my facebook. That tiny country church and the people that fill the pews are just part of the reason why we do what we do, and love it. The other reason we're on fire for the Gospel? The people outside of the church. The people who are searching for something to fill their souls. The people who need some Jesus. With this photo, I attached these lyrics from a song that really speaks volumes and I fully encourage you to use today, and every day, to seize those opportunities that God has placed before you:

Holy Spirit you are welcome here
Flood this place and fill the atmosphere
Your glory is what our hearts long for
To be overcome by Your presence, Lord
 
 
 
Grateful Heart w/ Ember Grey

Image Map

3 comments:

  1. I love your heart for people and the Lord! You have a beautiful spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! I missed your positivity whileI was gone (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live out in the backblocks and always find the difference between small and large churches a bit troubling. I the smaller country churches, you can find it disheartening to attend services - there might only be a priest serving there once every few weeks and the congregation is only about half a dozen people (average age 79 years). On the the other hand the larger church in the nearest big town gives services which are more about the priest's conviction he's a pop singer than about worship. This is why I envy Americans so much: a religious life isn't viewed as a barely tolerated personal oddity and the churches are just a natural part of a healthy life.

    ReplyDelete