menu

Image Map

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

From one {NOMAD} soul to another

Ecclesiastes 3:11

I would consider my soul and spirit to be nomadic - sitting and waiting for the world to come to me just isn't my style. Rather I find it exhilarating and freeing to seek the world, pull up to it face-to-face, ask it all the hard questions. My mantra tends to be, "Don't waste my time."
 
Having a nomad's spirit doesn't necessarily mean I must move from town to town, city to city, seeking that land's next best thrill. More so, my nomadic spirit yearns to seek the broken and lost, form relationships with the unwanted, and bind myself to their seeking souls. I find true pleasure in just being with people, loving them as they are.
 
I've wrestled with the demons that taunt me daily - "Nobody can handle your wild spirit. You make people uncomfortable. You're a jumper." On my worst days, I truly believe them. I can't help but to wonder why I am the way I am, and how can I possibly tame that wild mustang.
 
But on my best days? I'm proud of the joy I find in needing to travel amongst the people around me, engaging in their lives, shaking and moving to the rhythm of life and finding my fill in that. The sedentary life just isn't me. And that's okay because at the end of the day, my nomad soul was designed by the One and Only.
 
When He knit me in my mother's womb, he dubbed me with the need to seek and declared that it would all be for His glory. On my worst days, He reminds me of that simple yet complex fact. That I am His, and He is mine. Regardless of the restlessness in my soul, I will always find peace and tranquility just by resting in Him and His love for me.
 
To my fellow wild spirits - NEVER be ashamed that you are most content running free. Seek the world around you with the guaranteed notion that tomorrow is never promised. Don't waste your time in forcing your nomad soul to stay put because "that's what is normal." Normal is ghastly boring anyways.

Image Map

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I think for some people it's hard to accept that today, we don't just stay at home anymore and do what the society expects us to do. There are just too many opportunities now that makes us more free than we were before. Who decides what's normal really?

    Lovely read.

    ReplyDelete