menu

Image Map

Thursday, April 24, 2014

 

Ahh, wedding planning. It's a breath of fresh air for me. I've waited for these moments for a long time, sisters.
 
Hunter and I are very simple people. We are relaxed, casual, insist on spending time with people as you are. We are not, by any means, fancy folks. Hunter so eloquently terms us "high-class white trash." I beg to differ somewhat....
 
Back to the point!
 
This wedding is all about US. Not just me, not just him, not my momma or his momma... You get my drift. It's about us. And our marriage in God's eyes.
 
We were talking about plans the other day and the two things we want people to leave our wedding with:
  1. Knowing and seeing with their own eyes our love for each other, and how GODLY we are going to strive to be in our marriage.
  2. A full heart from having a good 'ole time.
We just want folks to come as you are, spend time with us, and walk away knowing that true love really does exist. Many times, the bride or groom become so wrapped up in the production of the wedding that they lose the true focus of the wedding.
 
For us, marriage is not just a wedding with pretty dresses, yummy food, and an awesome honeymoon. Marriage is so much more than that. Like I've told Hunter, I don't even need a wedding. All I want is a marriage. To be married to a man that I love so much, who loves me so much, and creating a life and memories that God sees fit. At the end of the day, the pretty dress and yummy food are just the cherries on top to what I've already got. A godly man with a good soul.
 
Folks, we cannot wait to start this life and share our life songs with everybody! Thank you to the kind words from all my family and friends- your support means more than you realize.
 
Check back next week for "Our Wedding: DIY Centerpieces." 

The Grits Blog


Image Map

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo!!! I am so so so excited for you lady! You are so right. At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is that you are both blissfully happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhaaaahhhhhh girlll I am sosossssssssososososososososososooso EXXXCCCCCCCCIIIITTTTEEEDDD

    ReplyDelete