menu

Image Map

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Easter Menu

It's a busy busy Saturday in mi casa! Well, my momma and daddy's casa.

We're prepping for the company to arrive and all the wonderful festivities scheduled to take place tomorrow.

Tomorrow morning, Hunter and I will be baptized in our home church with our family and friends around us for support and love. After that, Hunter's family will be coming to my parents house to relax by the pool, drink margaritas, and eat good food. What are we having for our Easter meal you ask?



Main Meal:

Ham
Pulled Pork
Spinach Broccoli Casserole (recipe to come next week!)
Asparagus
Homemade Mac N' Cheese (we don't do none of that box stuff, ya'll)
Dinner Rolls
Sweet Tea (duh)

Desserts:

Red Velvet cake courtesy of Hunter's sweet momma
Blueberry Cake courtesy of my momma

For us, holiday meals really aren't a big to-do for us. Because I come from a big family and my mother always believed in a hot meal on the table, holiday meals are just another meal for us. Granted, my parents have had to learn how to downsize their meals since having 3 of the kids leave the home-front. 

I hope ya'll have a beautiful, blessed Easter wherever you may be in this world. What are some plans for ya'll?






Image Map

1 comment:

  1. We go all out for Holidays round here. We have 3 separate meals. Breakfast at Matt's Grandma's is biscuits and gravy, ham(cold and hot), sausage, eggs, homemade bread and ponas. Brunch is at Matt's mom's with more ham, cheesy potato casserole, fruit, and mimosas! And finally Easter dinner at my mom's with Ham, brisket, cheesy potatoes, seven layer salad, deviled eggs and cheesecake. On man, typing that made me gain 10 pounds! Hope you have a beautiful Easter with you family!

    ReplyDelete