menu

Image Map

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Liebster Lovin'

Image MapHave you ever come across a blog and just instantly loved the gal behind the blog?! I surely did when I visited Cat's blog over at Yes Deer.

Ya'll, the woman is my kind of cup of tea! She loves to hunt, being outdoors, looking like a beautiful queen, and she has the most precious babes!

She was a blogger a couple years back, took a break, but is back with full force and a happy heart. Stop on by to say hello!

Cat was so sweet to nominate me for a Liebster Award! I just can't get over the kindness she has shown me in nominating this here bloggy for the award. So flattered! Without further ado, let's hop to it, ya'll!

 
If you're new to the bloggy world, Liebster Awards are nominated to newer bloggers, or bloggers that have a smaller following, that have potential for growth. In my opinion, they're nominated just cuz their blogs are so dang cool! Ha! Typically, you answer the 11 questions posed by the nominator, provide 11 facts, choose 11 new nominees and pose 11 questions for them. The magic number here is 11!
 
With this blog still being a little wet behind the ears, I'm making friends as I go and have nominated many bloggers for previous Liebster Awards. Therefore, I am going to use Cat's 11 questions as my facts and my answers. That's how we do it down here, ya'll!
 
Here's what we have:
 
If you could do anything in life what would it be?
 
Easy, own land and farm. Granted, money wouldn't be an issue in this pretend life so we could enjoy the farming, rather than stressing and hoping crops grow. I would want land with a country-styled log cabin on it, pastures with horses, woods for hunting, and enough property to have both my parents and Hunter's parents close by.
 
Of course, I would blog on the side!
 
What is your must have beauty product?
 
I can only pick one?! Hmm... Dry shampoo. It can save you time in getting ready and save your locks from being damaged quickly.
 
What is your favorite Bible verse? or quote?
 
The Bible is my go-to for everything in life. Okay, to keep details out (due to respect for that person and his family's privacy), Hunter and I had a friend who was going through a very tough time. In the midst of that horrible time, we loved him and supported him. He is here today, living life, and smiling his awesome smile. One night we sat down over dinner with him, and despite all his troubles, he was still able to help people in need. The verse he told other troubled folks, that in turn helped save him?
 
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
-Psalm 139:14
 
YOU are fearfully and wonderfully made. Is that not just amazing? Our God is so, so good!
 
What is your favorite song?
 
Currently? "You're My Kind of Woman/You're My Kind of Man" by Vince Gill and Patty Loveless. Hint hint: wedding dance...
 
If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
 
I've never been, but I've heard it's amazing. Out west. Maybe Montana, Wyoming. Somewhere where I can't see my neighbors.
 
I need a good laugh, so what is your most embarrassing moment? Or just share a funny story
 
Oh dear me. What's a good story? Hmm... How about the time I tried to help a baby mockingbird that had fallen from a nest and it's mother AND father were sitting by watching, waiting for the poor idiot to fall for that stunt. Of course, they swooped in and chased me down the streets, all while I'm screaming at the top of my lungs. In broad daylight. Down a busy road. I hate birds....
 
What do you look for in a blog?
 
Genuine character and a classy person. I'm not going to read blogs that has a cuss word every few words. Sorry ladies, that is NOT classy. If a couple slip out here and there, fine. But this is a public forum. Not your private diary hidden under your bed.
 
::drops mic::
 
Why do you blog?
 
As a creative outlet for me to share my life song. And to keep my future husband sane from having to listen to me talk 24/7. He only hears me 16/7 right now... ha!
 
What do you enjoy doing most in your free time?
 
Being outside! Whether it's sitting by a pool, fishing, hunting, gardening, walking, sitting, I don't care. I want to be outside in the sun!
 
What tv/movie character do you relate with the most and why?
 
Dang I don't know! Maybe Sandra Bullock? Because she's funny and likes to make people laugh like I do. I strive to make people laugh or smile. If I've helped one person smile in a day, I'm doing good. Plus, we both support the idea of adoption.
 
If you could offer one piece of advice to anyone what would it be?
 
What are you doing with your life? Are you really happy? If you're not, stop wasting your time being unhappy and seize the day to do what you love. Smile each day and laugh A LOT. You never know when the good Lord will call you home.


6 comments:

  1. what's her link? would love to check her out. congrats on this award

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm sorry about the birds... but I had a good visual reading the story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the Liebster! And what great advice - smiling and laughing are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award! Such a great way to network and work with other bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for answering my questions! I am just now getting caught up on weekend post, sorry. I love ALL of your answers and feel pretty confident in saying I would have answered most of these the exact same...only reason why not all of them is because I have never been chased my a bird, ha Thanks I got a good laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and thank you for those sweet things you said about me!! Oh wow I can't explain how much it meant to me. I am so glad we found each others blogs and have been able to connect. I could just hug you now seriously!!

      Delete