menu

Image Map

Monday, March 28, 2022

Six {Months} of You

Excuse me one moment, while I go and rock myself in a corner while silently weeping because it has been almost 6 months since we brought our greatest adventure home.

6... months... people....

That's half of a year away from the big day. How does one slow time down? Is there a Pinterest recipe or DIY step-by-step on how to accomplish this task? If ya'll find one, do let me know because I have to figure out the solution to this dilemma. Until then, I will continue to watch my baby boy grow right before my very eyes with the utmost joy in my spirit.

In all seriousness though, we really have enjoyed watching Beau grow into such a sweet little boy. For the first almost 2 years of his life, we watched him grow up through photos, videos, adoption agency updates, health reports, and personality/life stories provided by his foster family. We were very fortunate to receive all of that information while we waited for him, but there is nothing like watching his little life unfold real time. Nothing compares to seeing his goofy personality on a daily basis.



We'll also be celebrating his half birthday later this week. We landed in the U.S. just 15 minutes before he turned 2 years old, and we have seen him grow by leaps and bounds in the last 6 months. Everything from his adjustment to his new home, to his speech, to his personality. He is full of life and laughter, enveloped by a wild spirit that I pray will never be subdued. His smiles and giggles will absolutely send you into a fit of laughter with him. The hugs and kisses he gives are unlike any other.

Because I don't want to ever forget these moments, here is a glimpse into where our Beau man is at, for now, because we all know how quickly things change as each day passes:

1. Outside, outside, and more outside. On days that are beautiful and sunny (heck, even rainy days if I let him), we are outside. On the weekends, it's an all day event. As the weather is warming up, play time with water and dirt are usually involved {read: always}. I'm an adamant believer that sunshine is good for the soul, and getting dirty in the outside world is absolutely necessary for a kid and their imagination. 

2. Fruits! He is big on bananas and grapes but has recently taken a liking to strawberries and blueberries. Wait until watermelons and peaches come around, sweet boy. 

3. Beau is beginning to imitate words more so that has been fun to witness! Things like "ten" (when we count "6, 7, 8, 9...." he'll go "10!"), and "light" ("eye" because L's are hard to say), and "up, up, up... down!" are just a few that he has been mastering. Creating an environment where he is comfortable to chat it up has been key in his speech growth. We just talk all day long!

4. Night time routines are some of the sweetest routines we have. From bath time, to brushing our teeth, to story reading with Da, and then the sweetest kisses before we turn out the lights. Everything we do for Beau and with Beau is incredibly intentional - we want to continue to demonstrate to him that he is loved and cherished so very much. For a child that was removed from everything he knew, knowing that he is home, is crucial.

5. Legs. The boy has legs, and they are stretching! He is going to be so tall, just like his Da. Soon enough, he'll be taller than his mama. But as tall as he is getting, I can still hold my baby while he falls asleep on my shoulder. 


These are the days and moments I never want to forget. I know that we will blink and he'll be 5 years old, chatting it up, and exploring all the things with his childlike faith. Then we'll blink again and he'll be 12 years old, with such a tween attitude. Blink again, he'll be 16 years old and driving himself around (and driving us crazy with worry, I'm sure). And yet again, we blink and he'll be leaving me for college, or the military, or whatever dream he is pursuing.

As his mama, I'll know I did a good job raising and preparing my baby boy for the world ahead. God has given me one of the greatest responsibilities in raising one of His creations. I'm lucky to be Beau's mama and I'll be forever humbled by the fact that God chose me to be his. Of all the names and nicknames I have, I am called "Mama" by the most precious little boy to ever steal my heart and it is hands down my most favorite name.

Son, your Da and I have moved mountains for you only by the sheer grace and strength of God. The love we feel for you is unexplainable, and unlike anything we have ever known. I adore you, peanut.

Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment