menu

Image Map

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Home {is} Where the Heart Is

Having a kid in the house ensures that every holiday will be celebrated to some degree. So of course, on St. Patrick's Day, I knew I wanted to create a fun meal and dessert for his ever-growing appetite. Shepherd's Pie with biscuits and homemade strawberry preserves was on the menu, followed by a "Lucky Leprechaun" dessert dirt cup. He was confused about the Shepherd's Pie but loved the green pudding and smashed Oreo's. You win some, you lose some. HA!

As I looked back on the picture I took of his little dessert cup before he devoured it, the sign in the background caught my eye... {HOME}


As a southern woman, I pride myself of creating a beautiful home. Complete with all the snackys, variety of drinks to offer, and cute pillows to adorn my couch. Because us southern women know that if we don't offer someone a drink the minute they walk into our homes and a comfy spot to land their toosh, we've committed the most atrocious cardinal sin as a proper southern lady, and our grandmothers would be rolling in their graves. God rest their souls.

As a Christ follower, the home front though carries a much deeper meaning. I strive to have my home represent a sanctuary for the weary who carry the burden of the world on their shoulders each day. My home should reflect the comfort and stability that Christ brings to our lives, to anyone that walks through our doors. But most importantly, I pray that my home is a place where anyone who comes will know without a shadow of doubt that they are loved not only by us, but more so by the Lover of their soul.

Lord, let the walls of my house carry Your name through them.

Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment