menu

Image Map

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Here {I Am}, Send Me


Talk about knocking the dust off this 'ole here blog! I became swept up in reading all of the old posts, seeing God's faithfulness through the lens of being on the other side, and quietly thanking Him for new mercies every single day. Can I get an amen?!

The last post to grace the feed of this blog was August 2, 2017. My mind was instantly taken back to where we were in our adventures during that time....

... Miscarriage and infertility...
... Should we start the adoption process now or wait...
... Hunter's dad had been diagnosed with cancer...

Tears instantly prick the backs of my eyes because, MAN, those were some hard days. Shoot, months. Heck, let's go with years. So hard that I in fact decided to walk away from blogging. The writing, the story-telling, the sharing of Hope and Joy because other things needed my attention in those moments. One of the greatest followers of my blog and avid readers was Hunter's dad. It is because of him that I have decided to come back here today and resume my passion of writing, but more importantly, writing to glorify God.

In a world that is so dark and loud and evil, we are called to be light to others around us, to share the message of Hope and Joy and Peace, regardless of the humanly suffering we may face. 

So, a bit of an update if you will...

... Miscarriage and infertility are still part of our story. And it's a beautiful one. The women (and men) that we have been fortunate enough to meet and walk alongside in their journeys, in ministering to them, has been indescribably humbling and joyful.
... We started the adoption process May 2018. We waited 3.5 years to bring the most precious little boy home, and the journey for that is something I will absolutely be sharing in this space. His adoption story is a testimony at just how utterly amazing God is. We also want to encourage other families in their adoption process and to bring a sense of community for them.


... Hunter's daddy went to be with Jesus on May 20, 2019. His long-suffering and battle with cancer may have won on this side of heaven, but his heavenly healing ultimately won. Praise God for that! I see Ros every single day in his son, Hunter. From his laugh to his kindness to his sassy attitude, Hunter exemplifies his father. Ros would've loved his grandson.

Many more adventures have begun between now and then, and others have ended. Through it all, our eyes have been on the One who has held us up. No matter where God has us on this journey, our response to His callings strive to be, "Here I am, send me." Sometimes easier said, than done. But nevertheless, let it be me, God. 

Ros, I'm picking up the "pen" to begin writing again. This is for you.

Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment